Self-Access Learning Center
1. Objectives of SALC:
Learn at your own pace;
- Choose your own materials;
- Focus on your weaknesses or decide on the skill(s) that you need to improve;
- Evaluate your own progress, and when necessary, with tutors.
2. Requirement needed to use SALC
- A library card is required.
3. Content of SALC
- With the Moodle (abbreviation for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment), you can access hundreds of self-study assignments for improvement of
various skills/sub-skills from beginning to advanced levels.
- Assignment sheets are provided for all English skills – either separate
or integrated skills - (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing and Pronunciation).
- A collection of relevant websites is available for you to learn and improve
your skills, including TOEFL/IELTS/TOEIC test-taking skills.
- You can select topics(s)/skill(s) of interest or for improvement, complete
the tasks assigned, and then check your achievements by yourself and/or
tutors available at the library.
4. Guidelines for using the materials at SALC
Please follow the steps below:
- Contact the librarian/SALC staff to create a self-study profile;
- Consult tutors/teachers to decide what skill(s) you need to improve;
- Choose the file/folder that contains worksheets of the skill(s) you need
at your appropriate level;
- Take ONLY ONE sheet each time, complete it, and see the tutor for his/her
comments or get the answer key to self-correct your selected assignment.
You can ask for permission to do it at home and send it back later for the
tutor’s comments if more time is required; and,
- Write the score(s) you have achieved in your profile so that tutors can
observe your progress.
35 Le Thanh Ton, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Phone: (84 8) 3824 5618 (Ext:104)
Fax: (84 8) 3823 2175